When going on a first date your nerves can act up so your best bet is to be prepared. Especially if you are dating many people. You want to take the time to get to know the person in the short time you have to make a decision if there will be a second date. Keep some of these great first date question on hand to keep the conversation going.
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite movie?
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- What is your favorite feature about yourself?
- What do you do for a living? What made you decide this career?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What were you like as a child? Shy, outgoing, adventurous?
- What is your favorite band? music genre? radio station?
- Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- Do you like to travel? If so where were the last 5 places you have been too? What is your favorite place to vacation at?
- If you could go back in time and change one thing in your life what would it be?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have any talents?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- What is your favorite food?
- If money wasn’t an object what would you do for a living?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- Do you have a nick name?
If you feel that general questions are not enough here are some conversation starters that dive a little more into your dates personal life:
- What do your parents do for a living?
- What is your biggest goal right now?
- Do you have any siblings?
- If you could pick one family member as your idol, someone you really look up too, who would that be?
- Do you have any regrets in your life?
- Do you have any nieces or nephews?
- Tell me about your best friend? What do you guys like to do for fun?
- What kind of thing really make you laugh?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
Try to keep your questions positive and focus on the other person. Do not interrupt once you ask the question. Let the other person tell their story and wait for a pause to interject or wait for them to ask you a question back. Remember a great conversation is like a tennis match. If it is only one sided the game wont go anywhere!!!
TIP: Make a list of top ten questions you really want to know about. This way you get the answers you want to make a decision if you want to go on that second date.